At RMIT University, we seek a team of PhD students to develop new approaches to fairness, actionable explanations, or socially considerate evaluation of Automated Decision Making (ADM) in recommender, search, or other ML based systems. We have four PhD scholarships for new candidates to be based at RMIT and work with us in the new multi-institution, multidisciplinary Australian Research Council (ARC) Centre of Excellence in Automated Decision Making and Society (https://www.admscentre.org.au/).
- PhD scholarship in ADM and Machine Learning
- PhD scholarship in ADM and Human Computer Interaction
- PhD scholarship in ADM and Information Retrieval
- PhD scholarship in ADM and Recommender Systems
Value and duration
$31,885 per annum for three years (tax-free) with a possible extension of six months (full time).
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- have first-class honours or equivalent or a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline of Computer Science;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or an international student meeting the minimum English language requirements;
- provide evidence of good oral and written communication skills;
- demonstrate the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- meet RMIT’s entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following documents to the contact person named in the respective scholarship opportunity you are interested in (or contact Flora Salim firstname.lastname@example.org to be directed to the most appropriate opportunity).
- a cover letter (research statement), addressing the criteria and topics in the call.
- a CV that includes any publications/awards and the contact details of 2 referees.
- a copy of electronic academic transcripts.
For international applicants, evidence of English proficiency may be required. Prospective candidates will be invited to submit a full application for admission to the PhD (Computer Science) DR221. Scholarship applications will only be successful if prospective candidates are provided with an offer for admission.